The TRX Suspension Trainer
- by admin
- 2 January, 2015
TRX suspension training is one of the most popular training systems at this current moment in the fitness industry. It was developed by Randy Hetrick, a former Navy Seal soldier, in the year 1997. TRX Suspension training was created mainly because Randy Hetrick needed a training equipment that he could take and use in any place, situation and/or moment.
TRX Suspension Training is composed of 2 adjustable straps that have handles at their ends for both hands and legs. TRX can transform your regular body weight training into an amazing and fun modality to work out.
Just by using TRX alone, you can do hundreds of exercises that will help you to build a body that is both functional and strong. Things you won’t be able to accomplish for example, just by training with the machines from your local gym.
TRX Suspension Training has a lot of important benefits and advantages, things which I will talk below:
- Easy to carry – One of the advantages that TRX has over other fitness devices is that it is easy to carry. In case that you have to travel and you want to keep doing your workouts, you can fit it in your backpack, suitcase or in other small luggage.
- Flexible – You can do your workouts anywhere and at what times you want.
- You can do stretching moves with it – It is great to improve your mobility and fix some muscle tightness. An improved mobility leads to a much stronger and functional body, thing that we all want.
- Time saver – It is a great for business people who don’t have enough free time to go to the gym and train.
- It can be combined with other equipment – TRX can be combined with dumbbells, bars and other fitness equipments in order to help you create new exercises.
- Low risks of injury – With TRX the chances of injuries or falling are extremely low, of course this is available if the person who teaches TRX knows what he is doing.
- Good for elderly – TRX is used in many wellness centres around the world to help older people keep their body mobility and functionality.
- Good for rehabilitation – It is frequently used in hospitals and clinics to help patients rehabilitate from different physical problems, like for example people who had a CVA.
- Used in all sports – TRX is used with success in sports like: football, soccer, martial arts, tennis, swimming, golf and many others. There isn’t a sport in which TRX can’t be useful.
The versatility of the TRX Suspension Training makes this equipment not only great, but also a must have. After training with it for quite a while now, I can say with confidence that TRX can be a great alternative for the gym.
To get the best out of the TRX equipment you have hire a specialised trainer for at least 1 month, in order for you to learn some safety rules and some basic exercises. After that, only your imagination will be the limit.